Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Wednesday Walk - Man About Town



Another beautiful day in Paradise! There were calls for showers (like that's something unusual!), but so far, they haven't come. So, I decided to get some exercise and take another walk. This time I took my camera. (Those of you bored with my tons of pics can exit now.) I walked over to the Bay, took a look at the North Shore Pool, picked up a brochure with the hours of operation and admission prices, then headed right next door when I noticed a sign there.

Apparently, this Arboretum was named after a woman who used to feed the birds here. It contains an amazing variety of palms! I took a lot of pics, but in order to prevent you from falling asleep, I will only include a few here. (I heard that "Whew!")








































I then walked over to Beach Drive and headed towards downtown. I said I had wanted to check out some of the shops and eateries there. :-)


First stop.........Paciugo Gelati. Figured I had to replace some of those calories I had lost in that walk down there.













OH MY!!!












This was soooooooo good!!!

Who cares about those ole palm trees? This is the good stuff! Let's keep our priorities straight!




Stopped into the shop to see my friend Otto. He was with a customer, so he invited me to sit in the empty chair nearby. He noticed that I had made a mess of a couple spots when I buzzed my head on Monday, so after he was thru with his client, he had me sit in the chair and gave me a trim. I asked if he would color my hair, but he refused. The nerve!

So, I then figured I should work off those few calories I added at Paciugos, so time to head back home. Some sites along the way...




A place to stay when you come for a visit? The America's Best Inn in downtown St Pete, where I stayed when I came down in July is a GREAT place! Highly recommended!!!











This place looks nice. I wonder how much?




































































These little guys are all over the place!

No comments: