Thursday, October 11, 2007

Hi Ho! Hi Ho!



I started my new job at Grow Financial FCU on Wednesday, and so far, all is going very well! There are eight new employees in my orientation group. We have been meeting with various executive vice presidents, senior vps and trainers, doing group exercises and team activities. We received a bunch of freebies, got a tour of headquarters and had lunch brought in for us, in addition to the bags of candy on our desks when we get there in the morning! Our group has gotten pretty tight and we have a fun time. I think I'm really going to like it here!





The drive is about 45 minutes each way...I have to drive to Brandon, which is on the east side of Tampa. It's really not that bad a drive, just long. I drive over the Gandy bridge across Tampa Bay and then take a crosstown expressway to the headquarters. It's an interesting expressway, has this 'express' lane that is raised above the highway in the center median.












We've got these badges to get us thru doors throughout the building, and into the parking garage. The headquarters has a nice gym, a pool table in the break / lunch room. Do I look tired after my first day of work?













When I got home tonight I took another long walk. What a gorgeous evening to be out for a walk. I took my camera. It's hard NOT to snap some pictures! But...to spare you, I'll only post one for now.

2 comments:

Gavin said...

If you're anything like me, you'll never get used to the palm trees. I just love them!

Unknown said...

Hey, congrats on the new job. Well done. However, "badges...we don't need no stinkin' badges!" Couldn't resist.