Friday, October 05, 2007

Beets, Eggs and the Beach


I've been grocery shopping mostly at the Publix store up on 2nd Street N and 37th Ave N. They have a great selection in the prepared foods section. One convenience I love, is the packages of hard boiled eggs. I usually buy a half dozen at $1.69 and it's great...they're cooked perfectly and already peeled! My friend David usually puts sliced beets in his salad, and it got me thinking. My mother used to put sliced hard boiled eggs in with beets when we were growing up. So, for lunch the other day, I decided to take a trip back. Ummmmm! (Some of you may be thinking, "blech!") Memories can make things taste utterly fantastic!


And since I start my new job next Wednesday, in training full time for two and a half weeks, I figure I need to squeeze in all the beach trips while I have the time. So . . . off to the beach again. It wasn't too windy, but the waves were higher than usual due to another low pressure (I think) out in the Gulf. The beach was fairly deserted and there were mostly surfers out in the water. I enjoyed watching the birds. They would circle overhead, eyeing the fish swimming and suddenly dive straight down to pick up dinner. One of the pics shows one bird heading straight down almost to the water. Lets play Find Birdy.











No comments: