Tuesday, October 02, 2007

It's Official!




My Jeep has finally joined me as an official Florida resident. I spent the $20 to pay New York State to furnish me with a copy of the title, which I needed in order to get my "tag" here in Florida. So, after surrendering the title, which will be replaced with a Florida title (at only $33.75) plus the $146.10 to register the vehicle to get my tag, for a total of $179.85. Plus, since I like to travel lightly, I only brought my checkbook and my VISA card with me. But, alas, the Tax Collector does not accept VISA. Only Discover, MasterCard or American Express. I knew I should have brought a fat wallet with me! And people complain about the rules and regulations and taxes in New York State! I won't even begin to go into the fun time I had with another one of Florida's fine departments!

No comments: