Wednesday, September 05, 2007

5 Days in Florida!

It's hard to believe that I'm now a Floridian. Well, maybe not officially, since I haven't gotten my Florida driver's license yet. But then again...I did receive U.S. Mail here...a postcard from Adele. So, if it's bonafide enough for Kris Kringle, then I guess it means I'm a bonafide Floridian!

Things have been going relatively smoothly. I arrived Friday night and picked up my key. Slept on an inflatable mattress on Friday night, and on Saturday at 8:00 am sharp, the movers were here with my stuff! I couldn't believe how the boxes just kept coming and coming! The living room was full! I took some pictures of the piles of boxes, but decided to present an après boxes view.

So, here are some shots of my new Florida abode:



I think my Jeep is going to like it here!


This is the back entrance. Going thru the locked gate, up about 6 steps into the back door, my apartment front door is just to the left inside. The door on the balcony leads into the laundry room. Two washers and two dryers and no coin slots!



I've got a lot done in the living room, but still have a ways to go. I'm sure I'll be moving things around for a while. Gotta keep space for a sofa and another chair!


I'm going to use this corner of the living room as my "dining room".



You can see the grandfather clock in the hallway.


This is the view looking out of the kitchen windows. Lots of palms for my viewing pleasure! At least now I don't have a spotlight shining all night into my kitchen window!



This is looking from my kitchen door down the hallway towards the bathroom. The 'walkthru' closet leading to the bathroom has tons of storage on both sides. The door to the living room is to the right of the bathroom door. The doorway on the right leads into my bedroom.

The bedroom is about twice the size of my old one. Here I can fit the chest of drawers and my Grandmother's cedar chest with all the other stuff! There are two closets in this room; one with the A/C exchange and some shelves and open areas, plus a window, and the other one for my clothes also has some cubby holes built in.

2 comments:

jag said...

looks great dad! can't believe how much you got done already...you've been busy. can't wait to see it in person!

Breenlantern said...

looks beautiful...and almost ready for our visit! Hope you're having a great time setting up house and exploring your new home...