Saturday, September 15, 2007

View from the Living Room Window



I spent much of today putting away some little things that have been hanging around and washing the insides of the windows in the living room and kitchen. Too bad (well, not really) I can't wash the outsides. A thunderstorm went thru this morning around 10:30 or so, and it came down pretty hard. I figured as long as I had the blinds up, I'd take some pictures. Some of them may be hard to make out, with the glare on the screens, and the dirt on the outsides. But, anyway . . . my living room view. Can't see the Eiffel Tower, but this will do.

There's this flower that kind of looks like a bird of paradise, but it's white. This other shot may show it a little better.















There is this glass globe just below my center window.











On the right side there is this "trellis" that offers a view into the yard next door. There's a lot of palms so it's hard to see the pool.

2 comments:

Gavin said...

That is a Giant Bird of Paradise. The grow big and they grow fast which makes them a good choice for a privacy screen. They look kinda like banana plants but the GBOP leaves won't shred in a wind storm like the bananas.

I miss my tropical yard in CA!!!

ArichNY said...

Thanks Gavin! The leaves did get me thinking banana plant, but I didn't see any bananas...just the bird!