Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Ho! Hum! The Beach and another Drawbridge

I met with one of the area managers yesterday with the credit union that I will soon be working for. Well, prividing I pass my drug screening, my background check and my credit check. Whew! A triple whammy! I stayed up all night studying, but I think I did OK. They gave me a list of all the labs that I could go to have the tests done. The only one in St Petersburg was actually down in South Pasadena on Gulfport Blvd. I figured, I'm almost to the beach, so why not? I was only there for about 10 minutes. The woman was mumbling most of the time and did not look happy. I was going to ask her if she liked her job. But after taking a second look, her there in her lab coat, surgical gloves and holding a big cup of my urine, I thought best not to.
I drove over to St Pete Beach, and then up thru Treasure Island to John's Pass. There is a little shopping area there with all kinds of touristy stuff. I bought some tank tops and tees and a pair of flip flops.....all half price and some at an additional 30% or 40% off! I also bought this 'lizard' to hang somewhere in my apartment. Maybe it will scare the cockroaches away? Kidding. (Hmmm?) The guy at the shop told me that these lizards are made from steel drums in Haiti. Seems that they had tons of these drums there from WWII, filled with petrol at the time. I always did like the steel drum music at Typhoon Lagoon. So, after the shopping I hit the deli there and had a 'California Wrap' I guess they call it California because of the black olives. I love that!












And then, heading from John's Pass back onto Treasure Island...guess what? Yep. Another little sailboat and a line of cars waiting in both directions. Luckily it was a short wait!






Anyhow, I then went to the beach and relaxed under my umbrella for a couple hours. This is so hard to take. But I know I'll be working soon enough, so I'm enjoying it now.






2 comments:

Gavin said...

Did the wrap have avocado? I thought that was the magic ingredient for something to be called "California".

ArichNY said...

Not an avocado to be found!