Friday, September 21, 2007

A Good Day with Lots of Wind and Surf



I went for my interview this morning. I thought it went very well. I interviewed with the branch manager and the head teller. Basically, they followed a script and asked me typical questions. I felt relaxed and answered them in a way that got them smiling. It lasted about 20 minutes. They thanked me and said that they had a few other candidated to interview and I should hear something by next Wednesday. When I got back to my apartment, I was going to get online and apply to some more jobs. But instead...I rummaged in the refrigerator and ate an early lunch.

I hung around the apartment for a while, then thought that if I was going to be working soon, I wouldn't have the free time I do now, so I might as well take advantage of it and enjoy it! So, off to the beach I go!

As I approached the beach, there seem to be more cars than usual for a weekday, even a Friday. As I parked my car and walked towards the beach, I realized why. Because there is a lot of storm activity in the Gulf of Mexico, it was quite windy and the surf was higher than I had ever seen it here. Usually there may be a surfer dude or two at the beach, but today it was mostly all surfers. I was going to put up my beach umbrella, but noticed there was only one up. I figured that the wind would probably rip it inside out, so I left it in it's pouch.

I splashed on tons of sun block, and sat and read more of Harry Potter. This one is definitely fast paced!!!

Just before I left, my cell phone rang. It was the human resources office from the credit union I had interviewed with this morning. They offered me the job! Woo Hoo! (I hope!) So, October 10 is my orientation. Now I really have to enjoy the time that's left before that!

I tried to take some "artsy" pics, (remember "Endless Summer"?) There was a film crew filming something, but I have no idea what. They had a shovel and kept digging a hole in the sand right at the water. They had this huge mirror, and some other piece of wood or something. But, anyhow...here's my gallery:














3 comments:

Gavin said...

Congrats on the job you beach slut!

Breenlantern said...

Congrats on the new job, Rich. So...this means you're staying then? LOL. Really good news. I feel so bad for you having to spend all that time on the beach in the sun watching scantily clad surfer dudes...must be real hell! I'm glad your job will take you away from all of that.

Unknown said...

CONGRATS on the job!!!!!!!!

More scantily dressed surfer dude pictures please. I need to live my life vicariously through my friends.