Tuesday, February 27, 2007

WHAT is going on here?


Is this a familiar scene to anyone else this year? These are the phone books I put out in the recycle bin tonight. Prior to this I think I put out 4 or 5 or 6. I've lost track. At work today, after noticing the pile of 4 phone books in the corner on the back counter, I casually asked my co-workers if any of them had gotten way more phone books than needed. And they all replied, "Yes!" Someone said that they get paid by how many books they deliver. I wonder if that's why? And all I have is a cell phone...no land line in my apartment.

I think it's all a plot. And do you know who I think is behind it?

2 comments:

Pete said...

I remember years ago Price Chopper had recycling bins you could drop the old one's in. They don't do it anymore. And what's up with "the other company's" phone book. How many do we need? Like you I don' have a land line and mine go right into the recycling bin.

Gavin said...

TOBAL!

I suggest that the government require companies to bid on the right to distribute their book. Highest bidder gets the contract and the fee could go to the cost of recycling the old ones. But I'm sure there's a phone book lobby that would squash the idea.