Tuesday, February 13, 2007

STOP!

When I hear of tragedy in senseless deaths, my mind puts the 'family' connection to it. Upon hearing of the shootings at the Salt Lake City shopping mall, my heart goes out to the victims and their families.


I think of the parents, siblings, children, of the victims who went to the mall . . . so common . . . only to not return alive.


I fear for my own family. Two women shot dead were 28 (my son's age), one man was 24 (my oldest daughter's and my daughter-in-law's age), and the 15 year old girl (my youngest daughter is 16). My heart goes out to their parents.


And, it's not limited to the USA. Every time a marketplace is bombed in Baghdad, families lose loved ones.


I'll add my plea to the chorus . . . PLEASE STOP!

2 comments:

Pete said...

Yup me too. My heart goes out to those families whoever they are and where ever they may be.

Gavin said...

It makes it even more eerie when you've been there. Trolley Square is very nice. If I remember, 500S 500W.