Monday, February 05, 2007

Top 10 Things My Dad Taught Me


In the office in my apartment I have a birthday card from several years ago that my oldest daughter made for me entitled . . . Top Ten Things My Dad Taught Me. She comes up with some cute ideas, so I thought I would share this card today....It makes me smile every time I look at it!

Top Ten Things My Dad Taught Me:

10) How to make weird faces

9) That dance from his grade school play ( "Bang! Bang!" )

8) Make sure to double check if the label says "paprika" or "nutmeg"

7) Cleaning up is more fun with some Jumpy-Jazzy music

6) How to have hours of laughter with just an exacto knife, glue, and a Land-O- Lakes box

5) Ice cream tases better straight from the carton with a mopine (dishtowel) on your lap

4) How to Jitterbug like a pro

3) That is what the French call a "be-day"

2) To laugh at life because, man, it's too short

And the #1 thing my Dad taught me is:

1) If a dog eats your bird, beat him with a welcome mat. (true story)

1 comment:

Pete said...

Nice lessons.