Sunday, February 04, 2007

Sunday Morning Read



Last night I was out with some friends (maybe another post someday) and in one of the conversations, birth dates came up and day of the week that that fell on when you were born. There is a theory that a biorhythm cycle of fourteen days (this is from my memory which is a bit sketchy) plays a part in which day of the week can be the 'low' day for you. For me, that marks Saturday and maybe spilling over into Sunday.

Sunday has been a difficult day for me for much of my life. I tell myself that is because growing up it meant the end of the weekend, and back to school the next day. It meant leaving home again to go back to college (but after time, that was welcomed!) And even later, it meant back to work the next day. If only it were longer! If only we had a three day weekend!

While reading the Sunday comics this morning, I found myself doing something I do on many occasions, and in light of last nights conversation, it brought my action to my conscious thought. I was reading Get Fuzzy, finished it, chuckled and then read it again. I've done this a lot over the years. OK. Why?

I think maybe I wanted to stretch out the escape, enjoyment and relaxation of reading the comics. One could probably read the entire comic section in about a minute. But I wanted to make it last. And when I was thru, it meant that part of the fun of the weekend was over.

Maybe reading comics is part of childhood that I want to hold on to. It's a time when problems were little. (Although they did seem big at the time)!

So, I finished reading the comics and moved on to breakfast. I don't want the sun to set. Hang on Sunday!


1 comment:

Pete said...

I also read the funnies. I miss Hagar the Horrible and Calvin and Hobes.