Monday, February 12, 2007

Finally! Back to the gym!


Well I finally did it this past week. After an almost four month lapse...I'm back to the gym! I know . . . there are always excuses. It's too cold to go back out. I don't want to drive alllllll the way over there. I'm exhausted. It was crazy at work. I'll just eat less (HA! Like that would happen!)

I also received a gift certificate from Amazon.com and I cashed it in online. One of the DVDs I got was an exercise one . . . 10 Minute Solution, Fat Blasting Dance Mix with Jennifer Galardi. Yeah, it's no Richard Simmons, but hey, ya gotta move on. I figure on those days when I don't want to leave my apartment, I can sweat to dance in the comfort of my living room. Hopefully I won't trip on the carpet and crack open my head on the coffee table.

I thought I would also try a new approach to exercise...so that it won't seem so boring. So in addition to running to tunes on my iPod, I take on a different persona each session. One of my favorites is Darth Vadar. "Sweatin' on Tatooine" has taken on new meaning. And when I'm dressed as an Ewok, I really work up a sweat!

Here's a picture with some of my gym buddies. I'm the one on the left. Do you think I look bloated?


On days when I'm totally exhausted, I still work out, only I take it to a lower level. As Yoda, instead of strenuous movement...I think a lot. What a difference that makes!












Do you think maybe I should abandon this persona? It is a bit tacky, I think? (I'm the one in the middle.)



1 comment:

Pete said...

Glad to hear your back at the gym. I know I have those long gaps in my sessions too. As long as you get back in the saddle don't sweat it.