Thursday, February 15, 2007

Day 2: A city under, er, um, under some white stuff




This picture was taken in Cobleskill, NY at 12:45pm. See that lump in the center? That car was parked there at 8:00am that morning. Cobleskill is about 45 minutes from me and got a little over 32" of snow yesterday. We lucked out with only about 17" or thereabouts. The following pics were taken this morning when I went out to assess the damage from the wind during the night. Actually, I made out pretty well.



I didn't have much to shovel before work this morning. And speaking of work...it was freezing in the branch office today! Our hands and toes were frozen! Plus, the computer system went down for a few hours in the afternoon, and our phones were down too. They probably were suffering from hypothermia.

When I got home from work, I wasn't quite sure where to park my Jeep. My next door neighbor told me yesterday that we need to move out cars to the opposite side of the street at 8:00pm tonight. Most of the cars were still parked on this side of the street. Just to be certain, I rang his doorbell to make sure I was moving the jeep to where it should be. He said, that this happens every year and eventually all the others will get the idea. Apparently, the plows are supposed to go thru tonight and clear this side of the street. So, I moved my car to the opposite side. Shortly after I did, I heard a horn beeping. I looked out the window and saw that a car couldn't get past my car because someone had left a snowblower running in the street near my car. I hope my Jeep survives this winter! Ah, the joys of street parking.

1 comment:

Pete said...

Oh the joys the winter. I am glad you made it out alright. I shoveled for 2 hours to get myself out.