Monday, February 19, 2007

How I Spent Presidents' Day

That old cliche goes, "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade." Well, when life gives you snow and ice and freezing cold, make a cozy habitat. I didn't want to waste the day away huddled on the couch, so I decided to make the most of an arctic situation.

Here I am in the construction phase. I'm sure glad that the sun was shining.







After it was completed, I wanted to make it warm and inviting so I decided to light some of my Yankee Candles. I figure "Jack Frost" would be the perfect fragrance and provide the ultimate in ambiance.




But then I committed a faux pas. I went to heat up some milk for hot cocoa and left the candles burning unattended. And when I returned, to my horror, this was the scene that awaited me.

So the moral of the story is: "Never leave a burning candle unattended, even in an igloo." (I have to thank my one arm neighbor for that lesson.)

2 comments:

Breenlantern said...

I am loving your latest round of blogs. Very creative and lots of fun. They make me smile...almost as much as seeing you. Keep it up igloo boy!

Pete said...

Nice post and perhaps I'm reading more into it. But I hope you and your place is all righ.