Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sunday Morning in April

Another beautiful morning.  Starting to feel like summer, so I wanted to get out earlier before it got too hot out there.  Took my camera with me and headed to the Pier, since there was something I wanted to get there.
Stopped over on 14th Ave to take a picture of the jacaranda tree in bloom.  Evan and Lonnie recently purchased the house there and will be moving down from the Washington DC area next year.

 This yard looked so neat!
 I enjoy the views along the sidewalks around Old Northeast.  Makes for a pleasant walk.
Important stop at Starbucks for my iced coffee and breakfast sandwich.
 Heading over to the Pier, through the park.

 On the road to the Pier.











Looking west from one of the park areas heading towards the Pier.






Taken near the beach next to the Pier.

 This is looking north across to Vinoy Park.  That bench in left center is where I usually like to sit and relax when I'm taking walks.  Good place to watch the sunset over downtown.
The beach near the Pier.
Along the roadway.



The Dali.



Right in front of the Pier building.


 Heading back to downtown.


The marina.









Christopher Columbus statue near Fresco's.
Back to the park.
Heading up Northshore Drive.  This is the back of the Museum of Fine Arts.

 Looking towards Beach Drive.
Main Gate of the Tampa Bay Blues Fest, being held this weekend in Vinoy Park.  
And even more jasmine in bloom along the route back to my apartment.
Another pretty yard.
And one more shot of the jacaranda.

No comments: