Thursday, April 28, 2011

I Need An Intervention

Since I've moved to St Pete just over three and a half years ago, I've taken a massive amount of digital photos.  In fact, I wore out my first camera, a Canon Powershot, and moved on to a Nikon with more more zoom power.  Every time I go out for a walk, I am always seeing some good shots.  Lately, if I don't have my camera with me, I use my cell phone, which I got within the past year.  But, alas, the quality is just not that good.

My six year old HP laptop was getting annoying since it was running extremely slow, then stopped allowing me to do routine things, like update iTunes and burn a CD and access the iTunes store, not that i purchase that much there.  Then my printer died too, so after some window shopping online, I headed over to the Apple Store and made my purchase.  I opted for a desktop, figuring that my eyes were not going to get any better, and who needs to squint at that small laptop screen.  I loaded my digital library onto the iMac and topped out at just over 15,500 photos.  YIKES!!!  So, like a maniac, I have been going through, labeling, deleting, merging events and putting together some slideshows, I guess, to take the place of hard copy albums which many consider 'Old School'.  So far, I've put together eleven shows, and burned Volume 1 of "Living in Paradise".  I've been having fun with this, in fact, so much, that the other night I didn't go to bed until 5:00 AM.  I couldn't help myself, I was on a roll.  What are you talking about?  I don't have a problem.  What time is it?  I'm about ready for breakfast.

I figure after the slideshows, I may aim at organizing photos to get some books printed.  But that won't be until I'm 90.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the apple! And I love you! I say we have an archiving party to preserve all of your amazing photos for posterity. :) (I guess your posterity would be me. ;))