Thursday, April 07, 2011

Movin' On Up

I finally did it!  I've been wanting carefree living at a premium price all my life!  Isn't that the American Dream?
And what a bargain!  Asking price was $2,395,000 and fully furnished!  I put in my offer for $2,250,000 and it was accepted!  I guess they were desperate!  
 This is the floor plan.  Each floor is divided into two condos.  This is the north side, with a more desirable view, so natch, it's a little more pricey.  But hey, as L'Oreal says, I'm worth it.
On the top four floors, the condo takes up the entire floor.  I think the 6,171 total sq ft area was a bit much for me.  I prefer smaller (4,216 sq ft total).


Nice view, eh?  Looking east over Tampa Bay, the Pier extending out there.

Pete and Joe admiring the view from my conservatory. Stephen Sondheim came a few minutes after this photo was taken, to serenade my guests.
I had just commented on how small the rooms seemed to me and then I walked into the master suite and just went, "WOW!"
A short while later, as Pete and Joe were schmoozing with the other guests in the kitchen area, I decided to venture out onto the balcony on the right in this picture.  Little did I realize that when I shut the slider behind me, the door automatically locked.  I had to leave a text message and voicemail on Pete's cell.  If it wasn't for the agent who happened to be walking by and saw me tapping on the window, I may still be out there!
This is the master bathroom.

This was a tub in one of the guest suites.
 Me, back in the master bath.  I decided not to post the shot of me in the tub.  I didn't think it was appropriate here.
Part of the walk in closet in the master suite.  It was spacious, but I'm still not sure all of my wardrobe would fit.  Luckily, there is much more storage in the unit.
The powder room bath.  I like the glass tiles and the mirror.  Cool.


This was an unusual toilet.
 We noticed that all the toilets were plugged into the wall.  Later found out that was because each lid automatically closed if left up.


Laundry.  Sound system controls were behind that smoked glass door in the back.
 Pete and Joe checking out the guests quarters where they would be staying should I invite them to visit or should they have to stay because of inclement weather, such as 3 feet of snow.


Dining area.  Cozy, isn't it?
Schmoozing in the kitchen while I'm trapped on the balcony.
 Boy!  What I don't put up with!


My den, my cave.

 I'm very considerate of my condo guests.  Should they get hungry during the night and desire a small snack, they can press the button that is labeled "Snack Path" and the lights that will guide their way to the kitchen will be illuminated for them.  Times have changed, haven't they?  At my cottage in Newport, years ago, we just rang for the servants.




View to the west.

And a little to the northwest.
This view is looking NNE.  To the right lower center is the Museum of Fine Arts, beyond that is the Vinoy and Vinoy Condos, and in the distance in the center on the horizon is the downtown Tampa skyline.
 Looking down on BayWalk and the northwest.
 Looking ENE
Looking east.
Looking southeast; marina, St Pete Yacht Club, Demens Landing and Albert Whitted Airport.
Looking down on the pool area which is on top of the second or third level.


This view is looking north. 
2nd Ave NE and Beach Drive.


We headed over to the Red Mesa Cantina on 3rd Street South.  We had a table in the courtyard.  The place was busy and the food was great!

 My Caribbean Mojito (made with coconut rum and pineapple).


I guess someone's hungry!
My tofu and mango slaw.
Looking down on the courtyard where we ate.  A fun late afternoon and evening.  I hope I made the right decision about the condo.  Buy in haste, repent at leisure.  I hope not!!!

3 comments:

Buddy Bear said...

You were joking about buying the condo...I think????

ArichNY said...

Yes! Only in a dream would I live there!

Mutty said...

Great post! Lots of smiles over here. You had me going for a bit. :-)