Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Weekend 2011


One of our family traditions is to have ricotta pie on Easter.  There are so many different recipes for it.  Some of my favorite were the ones with coconut, spearmint, chocolate chunks, or rice.  Even a 'plain' one e buono!

I went to Mazzaro's on Friday morning before work to see if I could get one to bring to Easter dinner at Pete's and Joe's. I timed it right!  Got the pie, an egg bread and rice balls and was out of there in 15 minutes!
On Saturday morning Otto came by after he got out of work and we walked down to the Saturday Morning Market downtown.  I think because of the holiday weekend, it wasn't as crowded as usual, but I liked it that way!  On the way down, I spotted this big 'cricket' (I think that's what it is) on this white bird of paradise. And another one in the upper right corner area.

One of the first things we did was hit the Empanada booth.  Otto had a breakfast empanada and I had a guava and cream cheese one.
YUM!!!
 It was a beautiful day out there!  You could feel the summer sun upon us.













              
Enjoying the nice weather!

Parrot on a bike!
Wayne made jello shooters to bring to dinner.  Made with bubble gum flavored vodka.  Smoooooooth!!!
We were told that admission was by wearing a chapeau.  Embarrassingly, we were the only ones with caps.  We should have sent everyone else home.
Group picture before the showers came through.
My turn in the chair!
Dinner was scrumptious!  Missed a shot of the dessert course, but all was yummy!
I got the nose!  Missed my family, but had a fund time with friends!  Got to talk on the phone with the family though . . . but sure do miss them!

No comments: