Sunday, April 17, 2011

Lady Gaga Monster Ball Tour Tampa

Saturday night Lady Gaga brought her Monster Ball Tour to Tampa.  Pete and Joe asked if I would be interested in going a few weeks ago, and I replied, "Rah-rah-ah-ah-ah, Roma, Roma-ma, GaGa, ooh la la, of course I would."
After parking across the street, we headed over to the St. Pete Times Forum.  On the way, Joe ran into some friends.

 Lots of wannabees there!  Almost as many costumes as the All Hallows Ball!

 Caught a glimpse of Lady G on the plaza.
Joe and Pete before their ears starting hurting.  It wasn't from Lady G either, it was the opening acts!

This guy in the center there, was dressed in the fashion of the lead in the opening act.
These girls purchased their sodas, drank them down, then rolled up their hair.  They asked me to help them with their hairspray, and I said, "I'm sorry, I cannot hear you . . . I'm kinda busy."

 We had a good view from our seats.  As we were waiting for the concert to begin, we noted there were several groups of older people sitting around us and in the row in front of us.  We joked that we were in the senior section.  We had a group of young (early 20s) girls sitting in our row.  We were the first three seats on the end.  All through the concert, they were up and down; beer, bathroom, cigarette break.  They kept apologizing, but we said, no problem.  By the end of the concert, the one next to me was fumbling under her seat for her shoes, leaning on me . . . then said that she hoped I didn't mind, but she was wasted.  OK.

One good thing, actually, the girls were on their feet through most of the Lady Gaga show.  We were extremely happy that we had old people in front of us!!!
 There were projections on this drop down curtain between stage and costume changes.



The concert was AMAZING!  Throughout the performance, she talked with the audience.  It didn't feel like she was performing a concert, but more like she was having fun at a party.  This photo is not mine, but from a performance in another city.
 This is from another city too.
She had this light wand that she used during her number and afterwards used it as a spotlight as she talked to members of the audience.  At one point concert goers threw things onto the stage and she picked some of them up and maybe read them or held them up to show.


She calls a member of the audience and talks with them and invites them to meet her afterwards.  At our concert, it was a mother who was there with her young son (maybe 11 or 12).  Virgin Mobile donates $$$ at each concert if the phone call gets answered.   Sorry to say, I didn't hear my phone and missed out.  This woman was the second call.  Drats!

1 comment:

Kenny said...

I'm so JEL-ISS!

Side note: my word verification thingy below is "desolene". Is that a combination of Desotin and Vaseline? :)