Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A New Addiction

My 6 year old HP laptop was showing signs of aging.  It was my first foray into the world of 'PC' for the home.  I always had a Mac, from the first model back in 1984. No hard drive, had to keep flipping the floppies.  I had recently returned to NY State service and was involved with a task force.  Our group had two IBM desktops.  I remember one my co-workers use to tease me about having a Mac.
Next up was a Mac Centris 610.  Had that for a while until Apple introduced the iMac.
We pre-ordered one and picked it up on the first day it was available.  How radical and futuristic it seemed!  We ended up with a couple of these for our family.
When Joe went off to college in the 90s, he took an iMac G4 with him.  I thought that design was pretty cool, although it didn't hang around long!

And one of my daughters has a MacBook Pro with her at college.

So, here I am, back to a Mac and LOVING IT!!!  I love the cordless keyboard and mouse.  Only wire on my desk is the power cord going into the back of the Mac.  The loaded software is great.  System is FAST compared to that old laptop.  And I am addicted to iPhoto.  I loaded over 12,000 photos that I have taken.  Most from after I moved to St Pete.  I'm sorry . . . I just can't control myself!  I've been busy with cleaning the files out and organizing them.  And, I discovered the slide show function.  I select photos and set them to music from my iTunes library.  Time sure flies when you are having fun!

Next on tap:  an iPad.  Stay tuned . . .

1 comment:

Breenlantern said...

Jeffrey LOVES his iPad....