Sunday, December 23, 2007

'Twas the Saturday Before Christmas


I took a walk to the downtown Saturday Market. On the way I received a call from the insurance agency total loss representative. We went over the next steps to be taken. On Monday afternoon I need to go and get my personal belongings from the Jeep. I plan on taking the spare tire wheel cover when I go. The insurance company will cut me a check. I have to send them my title. On Wednesday afternoon I need to return the rental car.
I think this boat is like this to scrape off the barnacles. Or maybe not.
Here are some random shots from my outing this morning. I also discovered another smaller open market, an arts and crafts one in Williams Park. After checking out the booths there, I stopped by the hotel where I stayed in July when I was checking out the area. I wanted to say hello to the couple who run the hotel. They were so helpful and friendly when I stayed there and in the spirit of the season, I wanted to say hello and wish them happy holidays. There was a big tree set up in the living room / lobby.




This shot is looking towards Tampa Bay. I liked the way the palm tree beyond the Christmas tree seemed to be like a star atop the tree.


This is The Moon Under Water where the girls and I ate dinner on our "Christmas Eve" last weekend.










Of course I had to stop for some gelato and espresso.






The doggie canteen was at the Saturday Market.











































1 comment:

Breenlantern said...

I am so sorry about losing your jeep. I am glad you are OK. Is shopping for a new car something you would normally enjoy (current circumstances aside)? Mayhap that could be a silver lining.Wishing you a happy holiday from here on out. What are your christmas eve/day plans? Miss you.xxxxxooooooo