Sunday, December 09, 2007

St Pete Christmas Boat Parade

I love Christmas in July! Saturday night there were lots of activities going on at the Pier in downtown St Pete. I walked from my apartment to Tampa Bay, and down along the Bay, the same route I take on my walks. There were folks sitting on lawn chairs and gathered all along the park down to the Pier. Reminded me of summer nights at Park Playhouse in Washington Park in Albany.

As I was walking down towards the Pier, I snapped this shot of the twilight sky.

The boat parade came around the Pier from the southside and went along the northside. I snapped these pictures from Vinoy Park.

































These pictures were taken in the park downtown. Not quite Rockefeller Plaza, but "ice" rink, nonethe less!

















This is the tree in the Vinoy Resort, taken from the outside.
Seems like there was some big shindig going on inside.























More balconies are draped with the icycle lights.










This is a bed and breakfast on Beach Drive. The lights on the palm trees kept blinking on and off. Took me a few shots to catch them on!




































Snapped a few pictures of more homes on my way back to my apartment.


























This home was part of the candlelight tour this year.











2 comments:

louietoon said...

Beautiful! But, don't you miss seeing this lights reflect off the snow?

ArichNY said...

Yes I do. There's nothing like the lights in the snow. But . . . I just viewed the cams of the Albany roads online and you know what? I'll take this. On my way home I passed some homes and I could look right into their screen doors and see their lit Christmas trees. Hmmmmm? Whew! I need to turn on my ceiling fan...