Thursday, December 20, 2007

A Little Thai Tonight

Work has been going well. Today wasn't super busy, so it was a nice relaxing pace. Only problem is that everytime I pass a box of candy or a dish of cookies, I have to take one. "When the schmecken beckons!"

I have my rental car while the Jeep is in the shop. I was picked up after work on Wednesday and brought over to get the car. So far, no estimate yet. Maybe tomorrow.

I was feeling a bit down when I got home, maybe from the stress of what has been going on this week. Otto called and wanted to know if I wanted to join him and his friend Bill for some Thai food at Chiang Mai. I wasn't really hungry for a big meal so decided on a cucumber salad with peanut sauce, and a sampler appetizer platter. It was DELICIOUS! Turned my mood around a little. That's a radish that looks like a lotus blossom, and a carrot leaf on the right.

I went to do a little shopping afterwards. I ended up driving thru a neighborhood I had never been in. There were a lot of nice homes all decorated with lights. When I see all the homes decorated, I think that my father would have loved to drive or walk around to see all of the lights. I like to think that he's seeing them thru my eyes.

No comments: