Sunday, November 25, 2007

Sunday Outing



Otto called me this morning to see if I wanted to go to the jewelry show being held this weekend at the Coliseum. He picked me up and we drove over, about 10 minutes from my place. The Coliseum. What a cool place! Built in 1924, it's had quite a history.
It was a first for me. Never have I seen so much bling! It was fun walking around and looking at all the stuff. I did manage to pick up a few things for Christmas gifts for the girls.

See?! Bling in every color! I knew I should have left my wallet home!












Across the street was this place... Otto said it's where the snow birds come to roost and play shuffleboard. Maybe I should check it out?


We made a stop to see a panoramic view of downtown. These couple of shots were taken on the top of a parking garage downtown. I have more and will include in a later post.








But, you can see that the pidgeons from up north have come down to roost! The way they were looking, I wanted to shout, "Don't jump!"





Afterwards we went to lunch at Beaks (speaking of birds) Old Florida. I never knew this place was here either! Fun place, good food. It was all open air and I was still saying to myself, it's November 25th!












These displays were under glass on our table. Lots of interesting old stuff there!






Tonight just before dusk, I went for a walk down by the Bay. I sat on a bench overlooking the beach area, just soaking it all up. The picture below was taken last March in my apartment in Albany. Russ, the gentleman on the right, top row, is leaving for the Canary Islands in a couple of weeks, and our friends were having a farewell get together for him this afternoon. I gave him a call and got to talk with everyone there. I really do miss them all!
Funny thing I noticed when I put this post together....I have the same shirt on in this picture and the one up above at the show!

No comments: