Sunday, November 04, 2007

Early November




I've never been to a beach in November, and I wanted to just keep the routine going . . . Sunday early afternoon at the beach. I noted a noticeable difference . . . there are more birds in the water than people. Although there was a fair amount of beach goers, the majority (including me) were content to relax on the beach. I did venture down to the water to get my feet wet, and walked from one end of the beach to the other. I brought a book to read (Ender's Game) and am almost to the end!


The air temperature was probably around mid to upper 70s, and the water temperature was in the low 70s, I think.


I enjoyed watching the pelicans, there were far more than usual, floating in the water and swooping over the waves, then suddenly diving almost in a group, down into the water to scoop up some fish.



It was such a beautiful day and since it was November, I figured, who needs sun block? Didn't I go thru this last May after the Tulip Festival?

No comments: