Saturday, November 10, 2007

Some New Discoveries

I was awakened around 9:15 am this morning by a knock on my door. (So much for sleeping in!) That is very unusual because my apartment building is locked. I've only met one other apartment dweller and have only said hello in passing to a couple others. When I opened the door, it was Darryl, one of the guys who works for the company that owns the apartment building. He was letting me know that some tree trimmers were coming and I should move my car so it wouldn't get damaged. I did, and then figured, what the heck...it's a beautiful morning, I'm heading out!

So, I headed over to Starbucks first, to tank up . . . then over to Home Depot and Lowe's to pick up some things. I've been wanting to get a wall hung swinging mirror to put up near my bathroom sink to make it easier when I shave. The mirror and medicine chest is on the wall opposite the sink. There is a window over the sink, and it gets the morning sun, so I really don't mind the wacky set up. (Click on the image to see enlarged view.) I also wanted to get something to enable me to hang up my ties on the inside of my closet door. Plus, I needed a couple ceiling fan chain pulls.


I took a drive up past my credit union branch to the Target store on 9th Street N. I must admit, I enjoyed browsing through all the aisles of Christmas stuff, even though it was 70 degrees and I was just in jeans and a short sleeve shirt. Discovery number 1: I can still get in the Christmas Spirit even in summer like weather!

Then on my way back down 9th Street, I happened upon Rollin' Oats Whole Foods and Cafe, located a block north of where I work! It was a mini supermarket with aisles of great stuff! The cafe part has prepared foods for take home. Discovery number 2: a new place to shop!

No comments: