Saturday, August 25, 2007

The Vault is Closed


Yesterday was my last day working at the Operations Center of the credit union. Fortunately, there were no problems with any of the projects I work on during my normal routine and all went smoothly. WHEW! It was a busy day . . . with a break for cake and farewells in mid-afternoon. As I handed over my keys, it hit me again, that another chapter had ended.

Afterwards, I met up with the group that I worked with at the Albany branch of the credit union. They wanted to say their good-byes and took me to dinner. Because the wait at Chili's was so long, we headed up Wolf Road to Firkin & Fox Pub. Another first for me. A delicious reuben, but no fresh mint for a mojito. I had a lot of fun working with this crew. Lots of laughs, great hours and a sweet 8 minute commute.

A quick stop at BJs to buy more packing tape, then off to a final Friday night of hanging out with buddies. These are friends I sure will miss. But, onward. My bags are almost all packed.

No comments: