Friday, August 10, 2007

Plunk Your Magic Twanger, Froggy!


I went for a walk last night to Stewart's to get some ice cream. On the way I met a woman that I know from the credit union when I was a teller there. She was out walking her dog Dylan, and she was eating an ice cream cone. We were chatting for a while and somehow, I don't know how, Froggy the Gremlin came up in the conversation. And we had a good laugh! I told her how my cousin had a Froggy 'doll' and we threw it out the window one day at her house. We were fun kids! So, today's theme is Froggy the Gremlin!



Midnight the Cat used to sit and rock in a rocking chair on top of the piano, I think, and purr, "Niiiiiiice!"

And there was Squeaky the Mouse. And that same front row of kids jumping out of their seats and laughing! I guess it didn't take much to entertain us back then!

Froggy's RADIO and TV HISTORY

RADIO:

The show premiered in 1944 and ran through April 11, 1953.

TV:

The show premiered on Saturday evening, 6:30pm, on NBC and ran from August 26, 1950 to May 19, 1951.

ABC took it from August 11, 1951 to April 11, 1953 and aired it at 10:30am.

NBC took it back and began broadcasting on August 22, 1953, same 10:30am time.

1 comment:

Breenlantern said...

oops...i completely missed you already had this as your blog title...anyhoo, just chiming in that i know the show of which you speak...what do i win? *wink*