Saturday, August 18, 2007

See Ya Later!


Work, packing, phone calls to update accounts, tying up loose strings, "getting together before you go" get togethers. My head is spinning. Although the bulk of my packing is done, there are a lot of odds and ends to either pack or leave behind. Going through some of this stuff that I didn't really take a good look at two years ago when I moved in here, brings up a lot of memories, both good and bad. As I was going through some of the things, I was laughing and crying. Life goes way too fast. I'm trying to lessen the load that I'm bringing with me to Florida, both figuratively and literally. But, some things manage to find their way into the packing boxes.

A few nights ago I went to dinner with Sean and Jeffrey. We met a little over a year ago and became immediate friends. We have had many good laughs together. Thanks to Gavin, they too have become bloggers. We went to dinner at El Mariachi on Hamilton Street in Albany. It was my first time there. I hadn't had stuffed peppers in ages, so that's what I ordered. It came stuffed with ground beef, almonds, plantain and raisins. It was delicious!!!


Sean and Jeffrey promised that they would come and visit me in St. Pete and gave me a "Friends" frame with a picture of them in it. I will keep this photo in view to remind me to send them postcards from the beach in the winter. :-)


No comments: