Wednesday, August 29, 2007

So Far, So Good

Been trying to tie up loose ends and bidding farewells this week. Went to the dentist on Monday. Movers took my belongings on Monday morning. I got a call from the mover this morning...all my stuff is in Florida awaiting my arrival. I pick up my apartment key on Friday night after I arrive and the movers are delivering at 8:00 am on Saturday. I scheduled my electricity to be turned on Saturday and am scheduled for cable hookup on Tuesday.

Russ let me borrow his car for the day and I ran some errands. I met Rick, a former co-worker and movie buddy for coffee in the AM. I had made an appointment with my doctor for an annual physical (OK, so it's been a bit more than a year) before I realized I wouldn't have my car. After all this packing and stuff, I found I really hadn't stressed that much, but decided I didn't want to take any chances on my blood pressure being sky high, so I scheduled a massage in the morning. Every checked out excellent, blood pressure, resting pulse, EKG, urine. Now to await blood tests, especially that PSA.

Before I brought Russ's car back to him at work, I stopped at my apartment to get two of the floor plants I have, to bring into the office. It was fun seeing my former co-workers and not have to do any work. But Russ gave me some work to do!

We went to Grandma's Pie Shop for dinner. That was a nostalgic trip for me. We used to go there a lot when Joe was little. So much that our favorite waitress bought him a Christmas gift! I remember going there with Adele after I had picked her up after her first time ever away from home when she went to Girl Scout Camp. Sometimes after picking up Mia and Gina at the airport, we'd go to Grandma's Pie Shop. It's like home.

It was difficult saying good-bye to Russ. We saw each other every day at work and had lunch together every day. Almost like being in first grade again!

Tonight Sean and Jeffrey picked me up and we went out for a bit. They gave me a CD that they had made, entitled "Friends Forever". It contains songs with a friendship theme. One of them is "It's Time For Saying Goodbye" from a Muppets movie.

Saying goodbye, going away
Seems like goodbye's such a hard thing to say
Touching a hand, wondering why
It's time for saying goodbye

Saying goodbye, Why is it sad?
Makes us remember the good times we've had
Much more to say, foolish to try
It's time for saying goodbye

Dont want to leave, but we both know
Sometimes it's better to go
Somehow I know we'll meet again
Not sure quite where, and I dont know just when
You're in my heart, so until then
Wanna smile, wanna cry
Saying goodbye

La la la la la la la la
It's time for saying goodbye

No comments: