Friday, October 21, 2011

Do Wa Do Wa Do Wa Diddy I Went to see Ruby in New York City

On Friday morning Louie, Linda and I headed down to New York City to visit with Ruby and Joy (Joe was working).

Ciao Aunt Linda and Uncle Louie!
Ruby has LOTS of smiles!

Joy made a delicious chicken stew, and apple spice cake for dessert.  To die for!

Hey Mr. Monkey!

A Ruby's eye view . . .

Chatting with Mr. Monkey



Heading downtown to Soho.


Waiting for Joy's turn in the salon chair.



During the wait, we took a walk up the block to this little bakery shop, and who do we see?  Lucy and Ethel!!!  Go figure!!!
I'll have some hot chocolate and a muffin, please.
Well, because the salon was running late, poor little Ruby went into separation anxiety when I started strolling with her around the block.  So, back to the salon.  Mom attempted to soothe her, nurse her, but she was ready to settle in with Mommy.  That trip downtown wore her out!
And poor Mommy . . . even looking beautiful with wet hair!  So, what to do?  Make lemonade out of lemons . . . shopping and lunch!
Ruby sporting her new winter hat . . . This gurl has style!
And a tasty lunch on the patio!
Then we headed up to midtown.  I had a ticket to see The Book of Mormon, so I was off to the theatre while Joy headed back uptown.
Always busy.
What an amazing show!  Great audience reaction, and as soon as the curtain call started, everyone was on their feet, cheering, whistling, and applauding like crazy!  I'd see it again in a heartbeat.
Heading back to the subway after the show . . . Times Square was so jammed some people were commenting that the sidewalks were like a parking lot. Seems that the Occupy Wall Street crowd had migrated up to Times Square.
Checking in with Ruby.  Wearing her G-Pa shirt.
Am I distracting you from Mommy's reading?
Play time again!  That silly Mr. Monkey!
Sporting her new pink bow.
Ain't I just the cutest thing?
Joe was originally scheduled to work on Monday, but got a call about an hour before he was going to leave, informed that the shoot was postponed until Tuesday.  YAY!  A day with Joe too!
Getting gussied up before heading out to brunch.
And some time with Daddy!

Love in an elevator.
Our destination . . . Upper West Side.
Kind of like those floating candles in the great hall  at Hogwarts.

MMMMMMMM!  My pumpkin bread French toast.
Joe had the bacon waffles.
Some more chillin'
Over the entrance.  My father-in-law worked for Agriculture and Markets and every time he'd pass a pasture with cows, he would say, "There's my girls!"  This made me think of him and smile!
We stopped at Crumbs to pick up dessert for the evening's dinner.

Our selections . . .




My 'milkshake' cupcake.
Time to head back uptown!
We passed a commercial shoot location.
Playtime!
Dinner . . . ginger pork, pickled cucumber with jalapeno and side salad.  Delicious!

Tuesday morning . . . hanging while Mommy folds some of my laundry.

Me and G-Pa.
Play time again!

Watching those butterflies overhead in my swing.
It was a beautiful morning and we went to the park.

George Washington Bridge.



Getting close to my departure time.  :-(

Ruby and Joy walked with me to the subway station.  When I kissed her goodbye, she gave me this big grin.  I didn't want to leave!  I'll have to plan another trip soon!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

SO CUTE!!!! Nearly brought me to tears I miss her so much! I just can't believe how much bigger she got from when I was there! Such a great post.

Y B Normal? said...

My greatnephew was born in March. He's a great kid but he hardly ever smiles! Such a serious baby. Ruby with that smile of hers is ADORABLE. Between her winter hat and the headband, she is seriously stylin'. Enjoy her, grandpa.