Wednesday, October 05, 2011

AWiP Gets Published!

Thanks to David who posted about a site where you can get your blog printed in books.  I figured it would be nice to save a hard copy for posterity (or just thrown in the trash when your stuff gets cleaned out).

I've been blogging since September 2006, so figured the best way to go would be to put each calendar year in a different volume.  I also chose the 'compact' versions to cut down on the number of pages, and I also eliminated the table of contents.

2006 is my smallest book at 48 pages.  2007, the year I moved to St. Pete clocked in at 171.  2008 is my largest at 246 pages.  And the other two are just over 200 pages each.  So far, for 2011, I've reached the highest posts of any year.  I'd better trim back for the next volume!

It's all not perfect (some text strayed from it's original position when the photos were rearranged to compact space), but it will do!


Back covers of 4 of the books.  The 2007 orange book has a picture of my Jeep in deep snow on the front cover and my VW in front of my apartment building on the back cover.  My favorite.  Says a lot about that year!

I'm glad to see my "journal" in print.

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

fantastic !!!
I so want to do this!!!
I must investigate it!