Thursday, October 27, 2011

Ah! Nothing like Autumn and that Chill in the Air!

My brother and sister-in-law sent me this picture.  I stayed with them for two days last week.  And it's still October.  Reminds me of the snowfall on October 5, 1987, when tons of tree branches and trees and power lines rained down.  We awoke that Sunday morning to loud "cracks" from outside, and looked out to see the paperboy dodging falling branches.  Our house lost power for 2 days, and my wife was 3 weeks shy of delivery our third child.
From my post last week ----->
And how ironic!  My electric fireplace was delivered late this afternoon.  I think I'll pour a glass of wine and soak up the ambiance in honor of my family and friends up north. [BTW it was somewhere around 80 degrees here in St. Pete today.]

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You got an electric fireplace? No way! I can't wait to see it!

Ur-spo said...

no snow until after All Hallow's Eve, please !