Monday, August 08, 2011

Franks and Beans

On Saturday around mid-afternoon, we stopped at the Dairy Inn on Dr MLK N for lunch.  I've always heard such good things about it.  And, it's been a local landmark for over 60 years.  I've had a shake from here a short while ago when our assistant manager bought a round for all of us.  And it was goooood!


We opted for the cheeseburgers and chocolate malts.  The burgers and the shakes lived up to the raves.  This place reminds me of the summer snack 'shacks' up north, open in the summer during the nice days, closed on rainy days.  I am so going to try other menu items.  Oh, and more shakes!


On the way home from the beach on Sunday, I was getting into that summer menu groove again,  so I decided to make up some franks and beans.  I could eat it all in one sitting, but am controlling myself.  If only I can stay away from ice cream . . .

3 comments:

Ur-spo said...

boohoo I ain't supposed to eat nothing good like this.
The burger looks good enough to eat.

JustAMike said...

Yumm! Wish I had a Dairy Inn near me . . .

Mike

ps: I love weiners and beans!! LOL

D said...

Gotta love the comfort foods!!!