Thursday, August 25, 2011

Into The Eye of the Storm

*SIGH*  This is a satellite image of Irene taken tonight.  Fortunately, it's not going to hit Florida.  And on the Gulf side, impact is minimal if any.  Tonight on my way back from picking up a few things at Publix, I paused to look at the magnificent sky, dusk blue with white billowy clouds backlight by the setting sun.  While I was in Publix, I received a couple of recorded calls from Southwest Air concerning my flights scheduled for this Saturday.
I'm flying out of Tampa just before noon on Saturday to head up to Massachusetts to meet up with Gina and get her settled to begin her junior year.  I have a layover in Philly mid afternoon.  According to this latest projected path and timing, I think I may not have trouble getting in and out of Philly.  SWA offers a no charge opportunity to switch, but only other flights that day are thru BWI, which is slightly further south.  Don't think that will work!
Looks like it's not going to be a nice sunny weekend like last year!
We have seats reserved on a bus on Monday to head down to NYC to visit Joe and Joy and to meet Ruby.  Now I'm thinking that may not happen.  :-(  Super disappointment ahead if that happens.

Thanks to Mark M for this photo.  This is the sky I was talking about in the first paragraph.

No comments: