Friday, July 29, 2011

2001 A Space Odyssey / Grandpa Chats With Ruby

I remember seeing this movie way back in 1968 when I was in college and feeling amazed at what was to come in our future.  I remember predictions of "picture phones" and what they may look like.  It's still hard to believe that we can communicate instantly with voice, text and images  via our iPhones, iPads and iMacs.  (Notice, I'm favoring a certain brand here.)

Tonight I got to "chat" with Ruby online via Skype.  I like to feel that we "connected", at least in a pixelated way.  I will know for sure when I get to visit her briefly at the end of August.  I'm sure she will recognize me and say, "Hi Grandpa Rich!  Walk me!"  Joe and Joy are enjoying her to the max.  I don't think I would ever not hold her!  At least when she is this young.  It all goes way too fast.

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

but where is HAL?