Tuesday, July 26, 2011

An Epic Journey

 I walked downtown this afternoon, to BayWalk Muvico to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.  It's hard to believe how long Harry Potter has been in our lives.  My daughters Mia and Gina were in elementary school when they read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone when it was the only book.  I remember thinking, "who's Harry Potter?" Well, shortly after, I was hooked!  Like them, I eagerly awaited each new book and each new year at Hogwarts.
It's cool to see how the actors have grown and matured as each movie came out.  It was so much fun to read each "year" at Hogwarts and then wait anxiously for the movie to premier.  I'm still amazed that it has been done so well, has gotten so many, young and old, to enjoy reading again, and to keep our interest over a string of many years.
I thought this last chapter was amazingly done for the screen.  Truly an epic!


Good?  Bad?

I hated to see Hogwarts decimated so much after growing darker and darker with each year's passing.
The bad guys . . .


Good to see Neville transform!

Go Neville!


 She has been wanting to do this!
Oh yes . . .
And another journey begins.

1 comment:

John Going Gently said...

not a film that I would watch but I enjoyed the snippets