Thursday, July 07, 2011

TV Eyes

Last week I discovered one morning, that I no longer received the 70+ channels on my cable.  Originally when I moved here almost 4 years ago, I opted for the very basic TV service, along with my Road Runner.  I thought I was to receive a little over 20 channels, and that was fine with me.
About a month into living here, a friend was over and was channel surfing.  He asked me if I knew I was receiving over 70 channels.  I was surprised, and thought maybe I misunderstood what I had ordered.  In looking at the Bright House product & pricing guide, the basic & standard service is listed together, not clear where the basic ended.
So, being hooked on a couple networks (TCM, Comedy Central, to name a couple) I figured it was about time to get back to the 70+.  In talking with the agent online, I was told that for $5 more per month, I could get digital which included over 200 channels.
So, here I am.  Hopefully, I won't get addicted to too many more shows.  I'm not a fan of reality shows, preferring to watch movies, particularly older, classic movies.  Also enjoy Family Guy, and that usually gets me in a good mood!
I can hear parents and grandparents saying to not sit too close to the TV when we were young.  And what happens, we grow up into a society where much of our work involves staring into a computer screen.  Go figure.

3 comments:

miaGabriel said...

woohoo! nights will be fun when i visit vegging in front of the tv :) AHHH 11 days until i see you!

jp said...

SO funny! We just got rid of our cable ... let me just say CSPAN is pretty awesome on a sick day.

Unknown said...

So many channels!!! That is so cool!! Next time I visit I'll have to plan some "TV vegging" time along with all of the other super fun things we always do. ;)