Monday, July 11, 2011

Ruby Made Me a Grandpa

This is my brand new granddaughter, Ruby Joy.  She arrived on Saturday, July 9, the day before my 63rd birthday.  Ruby was born at 1:35 am on July 9, 2011.  String the numbers out and you get: 1,3,5,7,9,11.  I wonder if that means anything?  :-)  She weighed in at 6 pounds 7 ounces, the same weight her dad, my son Joe weighed when he was born.  I'm already the proud Grandpa, showing everyone her picture!  I think she's so beautiful!
I wish I lived closer so that I could spoil her right from the start!  I already hit the stores looking for "I Love Grandpa" clothing.  Nothing found though.  Grandpas get the short shift in the merchandising department!
 Both Mom and Ruby came through with flying colors!
 Proud Papa!

Another proud Papa holding that proud Papa (above) almost 33 years ago!
I'm hoping the pink flamingos on the PJs will be a subliminal message to Ruby to urge her Mommy and Daddy to take her to Florida soon.  :-)
Sleeping angel.
 Where's my jacket?

Great Aunt Linda took the first train down to NYC to meet Ruby!
I wonder if Ruby is thinking, "Do you have some gum for me?  My aunties told me to ask you when I met you.  They say you're the supplier."
Love this family portrait!
 All bundled up . . .
I know I'm a newborn, but aren't these supposed to be on my feet?  I hope you're not expecting me to walk on my hands!
Ruby channeling Carmen Miranda.
Another flashback:  Joe getting bundled up for his trip home for the first time.
Dad (when he had hair) giving Joe a bath.  Now it's your turn Joe!  Enjoy!!!

[MEA CULPA:  I was informed by two of my daughters that the last image is NOT Joe, but is Mia.  I stand corrected.  All 4 of our children looked very much alike as newborns, and if I didn't know the year, I'm not sure who I am looking at!  I did go back to the photo and checked the date stamped on the back, and indeed, it is Mia!]

9 comments:

miaGabriel said...

whoa that last picture i was like "you sure that's not me?" joe and i looked pretty similar as babies, wow. which, is kinda sad that i looked like a boy...

I LOVE THIS POST! I LOVE RUBY! I LOVE YOU!

Sandra Cerutti said...

Beautiful, Beautiful Family. Thanks for sharing. Love, Sandy Cerutti

Unknown said...

I love it! I'll start looking for "I love grandpa" stuff while I'm out looking for "I love my auntie" things. :)

Chasing 10 said...

Big Congrat's to you on the birth of your Granddaughter. I have two daughter's myself, and must say that you can't have enough girls!

I love the comparison pics you posted of you and your son. Very nice touch. Incredible memories, I am sure.

Your pictures are priceless and some of the captions had me laughing to no end; my fav are "sock hands," and "Carmen."

Enjoy, and let us know what Ruby will be calling you! It's always fun to hear the different acronyms.

Chasing 10 said...

Big Congrat's to you on the birth of your Granddaughter. I have two daughter's myself, and must say that you can't have enough girls!

I love the comparison pics you posted of you and your son. Very nice touch. Incredible memories, I am sure.

Your pictures are priceless and some of the captions had me laughing to no end; my fav are "sock hands," and "Carmen."

Enjoy, and let us know what Ruby will be calling you! It's always fun to hear the different acronyms.

jag said...

Great post Dad! Loved seeing the old pics too. Can't wait till Ruby gets to meet you!

Unknown said...

Haha yeah, Mia, I'm pretty sure that last picture is you.... ;)

ArichNY said...

Am I that senile???? Oh my! I guess I am! I just looked at the back of the photo and it has an Dec '87 date! OOOOPS!!! My bad?

jp said...

This baby is SUCH a Gabriel! She looks just like Joe/Mia!