Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I've Been Poofed!


Well, I've been poofed! I allowed myself plenty of time on Monday morning. A leisurely breakfast in the front room lounge in my hotel, stop to fill up the gas tank on the way back to Tampa airport, return the rental. When I got to the checkin at Southwest, there was a line of people who all had just returned from a cruise. They all knew each other and were still having fun waiting on line. (Notice I didn't use 'in line'?)

For some reason, when I got to the security check, I was singled out to go thru the 'Poofer'. I thought, "Am I the lucky passenger #1,000,000 and do I get a prize?" The security guard asked me if I'd ever been 'poofed' and she took my belongings and told me to stand on the footprints. I closed my eyes as all of these little poofs of air hit me from all sides. Now what was that for? Is that what I look like? I'd ask her if my shorts made my butt look big, but I guess she could tell anyway! But, as I was gathering my belongings she did give me a wink and a smile!

3 comments:

Breenlantern said...

I think you were born "poofed" sweety! ;-)

Gavin said...

The poofer is to see if there are any bomb making chemicals on your clothes. There are sensors that test the post-poof air.

The mental image I have is you standing on an air vent with your dress being blown up a la Marilyn Monroe!

Anonymous said...

I've been away for a few weeks and when I got to your blog today - WOW - all of this is happening so fast. September 1, not that far away, and you'll be gone from Albany. Enjoyed reading your blog and thought you were so happy at the Credit Union. Hope that you find what you want in Florida and, even if it is not Albany, hope you continue with your blog. You can't leave us dangling.