Thursday, July 26, 2007

And the Winner is . . .



Well, it looks like a done deal! And, needless to say, I am quite excited! This is the Villa Rosa, built in the 1920s. The apartment is a one bedroom, but it is HUGE! It's on the first floor, has big rooms, eat in kitchen, lots of storage, on site laundry and central air. And how could I resist those Majestic Palms out front? It's located in the Old Northeast section of St Pete, 5 blocks from the park along Tampa Bay. And, it's available on September 1. YIKES!!! I submitted my application this afternoon. UPDATE: I just got the call! I've been approved!


Funny thing, a man named Ralph showed me the apartment. For those of you who know me, I sometimes joke about changing my name to Raoul. In fact, a couple of years ago Mia and Gina gave me a Disney guest "official" name tag with "Raoul" on it. So, now when I relate the finding of an apartment in St Pete, the phrase, "Where do I sign, Raoul?" can be worked into the fabric of the story.


Here is a shot from the park on the Bay.



And here is a shot from the park looking west. My rental car is the PTCruiser parked there on the street where I'll be living if all goes well.

1 comment:

Breenlantern said...

I am so happy for you. I know this is what you want and it is wonderful that you are able to do it. I am a bit envious, and that I'm sad to see you move goes without saying, but if you are happy, then as your friend, I can only be happy for you. I hope you will stay in touch and maybe some day we can pack an air mattress and some sunblock and come see what all the fuss is about. Love you big guy!Keep us posted and don't you DARE leave without saying good-bye!