Friday, July 27, 2007

Orlando Visit


I started today with an interview at a bank. I thought it went very well. Time will tell how well it went. Is that onomatopoeia? No wait, that's with lots of vowels. Alliteration, I think. Now I'm digressing. Can you tell I'm tired?

I drove to Orlando to spend the afternoon with Gina. Silly me. I overshot the exit off of I-4 and ended up way out of the way. Luckily I had a good navigator via the cell phone. I got to see the new townhouse in Winter Park. It's nice and spacious and open. And I guess Luke was glad to see me. He kept licking my legs and jumping up on me. At one point, he had hi kong in his mouth and was running tight circles around me. Funny dog!

We went to lunch at an Italian restaurant not far from where she lives. It was yummy! I had eggplant parmesan and Gina had a chicken and pasta dish. Afterwards we swung by Jeremiah's for a gelati (I think I got that right), where Italian ice is layered parfait style with soft serve ice cream. Double YUM!

We had plans to take the 3:00 pm interlake boat ride in Winter Park. There was this terrible accident right near Jeremiah's and traffic was snarled. The red light at the intersection refused to turn green and we waited a very long time. We dashed up the road and as we were walking down the steps to the boat landing, we saw it pulling away. At the ticket window we noticed the clock.... 3:00 on the nose! Maybe they didn't want to wait too long because the sky was looking a bit threatening and it was about ready for the afternoon rain. So, instead we went to the movies to see Transformers. It was cool.

I dropped Gina off after a quick stop at Target and then drove thru Orlando, I-4, and back to St. Pete. It was a fun day but went way too fast! Next time I won't miss that exit!




1 comment:

Breenlantern said...

Rich: Glad you're having a great time. Hope the interview translates into a job offer. You look so happy (and handsome as ever.) Have a great time. Big hugs from Albany!!!!!