Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Abbey Road Revisited


One Sunday last summer there was an ad in the Parade magazine from an online poster web site. In the ad there was a poster of The Beatles crossing Abbey Road. I loved that album when it came out in the fall of 1969. I was a senior in college. It was the last album recorded by the Beatles (although Let It Be was released after Abbey Road). Knowing at the time that the Beatles were breaking up...it took on a sadness, realizing the end of an era. Plus, that whole thing with Paul being dead and all. Doctor, mortician, dead Paul, grave digger. Whew! It's all so obvious!

Well, shortly after seeing that ad, I went online and mocked up the poster with a nice wooden frame and a double matting. I thought it would go nicely on the one big empty wall in my dining room, or maybe on the wall over my headboard in my bedroom. The price was presented, but before I finalized the sale, I thought I would sit on it for a while, hearing in my head the old cliche, "Buy in haste, repent at leisure." If I really liked it I figured I would be drawn back to it and place the order.

Well, as things go...I found a discount site online and found what I thought was a similar set up, but at a fraction of the price! No brainer! Click! Click! Click! I placed my order. After about two weeks I received a nice package at my door. I was so excited! I opened it and placed it on the wall. What do you think? Worth the savings???

3 comments:

Gavin said...

OMG!

Another saying, "Penny wise pound foolish," comes to mind!!!

Pete said...

Close but who are they?

ArichNY said...

No idea Pete! They were on some blog with German text. I think it might be Franz, Klaus, Gunter and Otto! Known as Dei Käfer.