Thursday, December 28, 2006

Barbie's World



This morning when I was checking my email, I almost deleted one piece that I didn't recognize the sender's name. For some reason, I clicked on it to open it and was glad I did . . . it gave me a chuckle first thing in the morning. I'm sharing it here, and hope no offense to anyone. Any similarity to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

A noted psychiatrist was a guest at a blonde convention, and the host/ess naturally broached the subject in which the doctor was most knowledgeable."Would you mind telling us, Doctor," s/he asked, "how you detect a mental deficiency in somebody who appears completely normal?"

"Nothing is easier," he replied. "I'll give you an example. I always ask a simple question which anyone should answer with no trouble. If the person hesitates, that indicates a possible problem. I'll direct such a question to you, okay?"

"What sort of question?"

"Well, 'Captain Cook made three trips around the world and died during one of them. Which one?'

The blonde thought a moment, and then said with a nervous laugh, "You wouldn't happen to have another example would you? I must confess I don't know much about history."

No comments: