Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Back to work!



What a difference a year makes! I was sitting at my teller position yesterday afternoon, radio music playing in the background, chatting with my co-workers. Then, out of the blue . . . I remembered. The day after Christmas. Last year. My assignment...manager over concession stand. Lines clear across the lobby at every register. People in a hurry. Movie about to start. HOW much for popcorn??? Oil on my shirt sleeves. I need fives! We're outta ice! Where's that cheese bag key opener? Get the butler...sweep the lobby floor. I want my money back!

Over 10,000 tickets were sold that day. Total chaos! Then, back to reality. Nora Jones on the radio... May I help you? Thanks for the candy! And how was your holiday? Have a Happy New Year!

No comments: