Tuesday, December 12, 2006

A Visit to the North Pole



Department 56 has created some creative village scenes covering a range of themes. One that I have always liked is the North Pole Series. I don't own a very big collection. The three lighted houses that I own were introduced in 1990, and we bought them in 1991. All three are retired. Over the years only a few accessories were added. But, this year I managed to add a few more accessories. (I know......I have GOT to stay out of the stores!)
The original houses seemed to be more of a old style storybook design, but many of the later designs were much more whimsical and colorful and "gaudy" and I didn't think fit well with the original look. Although, some of the newer pieces have got me thinking...


Above: Hot Chocolate & S'mores and cake weighers.
Left: Gumdrop Taste Testers and Flutter Flake Makers.

No comments: