Sunday, October 28, 2012

All Hallows Ball Tampa 2012
















































This year, instead of going in costume, I decided to volunteer to help out on the night of the event.  For those unfamiliar, the All Hallows Ball is a private, by invitation only, masquerade party.  It originated in a private home back in the 70s and has grown from year to year.  For the last four parties, the Tampa Convention Center has been the site of the festivities.  [ See past posts: 2008 A, 2008 B, 2009 A, 2009 B, 2010, 2011, ]


The previous three parties were held in the concourse areas, a split, multi-level venue.  This year it was held in one of the ballrooms.  I think because of that, the decorations were much more elaborate.  The theme this year was "It's A Small World" and the decor was derived from the Small World attraction.  It was cute!

One of the things I enjoyed was that as a volunteer, I got to do a great job of seeing the array of costumes as the guests were arriving.  It also made it easier to see friends and acquaintances and talk with them.  When I got home I thought I would take a self portrait in my volunteer garb.  It was late, I had only water to drink.  But you will have to hold your computer up to a mirror for it to read properly.  Sorry about that!

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

what fun !
Happy Halloween !!