Monday, October 15, 2012

Fireplace Friends at Halloween


Way back when Joe was Joey, he made this "monster" on a piece of cardboard.  I think he was around 5 years old.  I don't remember exactly.  Every Halloween when we decorated the house, the monster took his place on the fireplace hearth.
As the family grew.
And grew.

I put my few Halloween decorations up, and now have a (fake) fireplace for Mr. Monster.  (Sort of like Mr. Manager, you know, of the banana stand.)

I'll need to get a picture of Ruby with this monster!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is the coolest post!!!! It's so great to see the "traditions" that stay around. Thanks for posting this. :) xoxoxo

Erik Rubright said...

I think it's awesome that you have kept Mr. Monster after all that time. And I hope it's something you pass on one day to one of your grandchildren with those pictures.

Ur-spo said...

Very cool indeed!