Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Hallowe'en! Old Northeast 2012



I took a brief walk for several blocks around me to get a glimpse of some of the decorations before the neighborhood is invaded tonight.  It seems like there is far less this year.  Maybe because Halloween falls midweek, or elections, or Sandy or a combination, or just plain ennui?  I did see several homes in the midst of being decked out.  One of my neighbors told me that they passed out over 2,300 pieces of candy last year!  The yard with the pirate ship, above, was the one that had Sarah P's crashed plane there last year.  I plan on another round tonight to see if more is up, plus to catch some of the lighting.  


I attempted to capture some new decorations instead of some of the same from other years.  I did notice that the home that has had a circus in their front yard for the past several years, is very subdued this year.  It appears that the circus has left town.




1 comment:

Harpers Keeper said...

PRetty impressive decorations. Our neighborhood doesn't decorate all that much for Halloween. Interesting that you said there was less this year. We have only about half the number of trick-or-treaters this year. Obviously Sandy was not a factor here. Must be the mid-week thing.